Giving to God: The Bible's Good News about Living a Generous Life
Mark Allan Powell
We all know that everything we have is a gift from God. But sometimes it’s hard to know just how to give back to God. How much is enough? What does the Bible really say? What should giving look like in our everyday lives? Filled with good news for followers of Jesus, Mark Allan Powell’s Giving to God shows Christians the way to a better life and a better relationship with their money — and with God.
Powell presents stewardship as an act of worship, an expression of faith, and a discipline for spiritual growth. Faithful use of our time, talents, and money starts with a deep, satisfying relationship with the God to whom we belong. We can then learn, says Powell, to give gladly and generously out of our heartfelt connection with God. Informative, concise, and eminently practical (including discussion questions), Giving to God gives us resources for best using the treasures, material and otherwise, that God has given us.
Soortgelyke artikels - volgens titel
- Empirical evidence and public theology: The Church of England’s national policy on urban regeneration and the work of local congregations
- Rollins, W en D Kille. Psychological Insight into the Bible: Texts and Readings.
- Beweging van die Gees 11: Die Heilige Gees beweeg ook deur kinders!
- Lane, A.N.S. Interpreting the Bible: Historical and Theological Studies in honor of David F. Wright.
- Gathercole, Simon. The Pre-Existent Son: Recovering the Christologies of Matthew, Mark and John.
|< Vorige||Volgende >|